Postcard Marketing Tip is this:
ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use postcards with full color on BOTH sides. 83% of people read their mail the way the Post Office delivers it: with the address facing up. Thus, if you don’t have color on the back, you’re missing the opportunity to really grab the attention of your prospects with a colorful headline. During our research for this site, we found an awesome reference tool for anyone using postcards in marketing campaigns. It is a book called Postcard Marketing Secrets, written by a lovely woman named Martha Retallick, who has amassed a great number of stories, tips, tactics and strategies for promotional postcards. Below is an abbreviated excerpt from the book, to give you just a taste of what it has to offer. We highly recommend the book!
Top 10 Advantages of Using Postcards
From the book: POSTCARD MARKETING SECRETS, by Martha Retallick.
1. Postcard marketing is affordable, even for the smallest of businesses.
2. When you’re marketing with postcards, your competition doesn’t know it. But they’ll sure know it if you’re advertising in the newspaper!
3. It’s easy to track your results. Your card can tell recipients to bring the card into your store for a special discount. Or it can ask them to use a special ordering code when purchasing from your website.
4. Postcards are versatile. In a single mailing, you can seek business from prospective customers, and solicit repeat business from existing customers. Better yet, a postcard isn’t just something to send through the mail. You can use postcards as oversized business cards, hang tags for your products and mini-information sheets.
5. Your postcards can “brand” you and your business in ways that most marketing materials cannot. If you start and stick to a regular postcard mailing program, you and your business will gain quite a reputation, perhaps even a little notoriety.
6. Testing an offer with postcards is easy. Just send your card to a small group of people and see how many of them respond. If you’re satisfied with the results, then roll out a bigger mailing!
7. Postcards don’t waste people’s time — they don’t even have to open an envelope to read your message.
8. Postcards don’t take up a lot of space. Your customers can carry them in their pockets, or carry them in their pocketbooks, for that matter. Hey, some of them might even create a postcard display on their refrigerator door!
9. Postcards are inexpensive to print.
10. Postcards are cheap to redeem. Better yet, they have no cost until your customers redeem them.
Interested in finding out more about Postcard Marketing Secrets?
Visit www.postcardmarketingsecrets.com to read further excerpts and buy the book.